Thursday, June 11, 2009

When you feel like doing nothing...

Today is a day when I don't feel very good and I don't really feel like doing much of anything. I feel really tired and just want to rest. But, I have learned that exercise can help you feel better. Plus, moving your body, warming up your muscles and stretching can really help release the endorphins needed to change your state of mind. The only other exercise video I use is by Kathy Smith. It is called Kathy Smith Wellness Mind and Body Relaxation System. I absolutely love this VHS tape. Since I am working out 5 x's a week I feel like this can be a once a week work out for me. Yes, I did say work out. No, it is not high impact, but you do get some really great stretching in AND you will feel like you have done your body some good when you have finished. It is a great stress reliever and it will help in reshaping and toning your body. I strongly recommend having this video in your work out library. It can be picked up online for about $2.
Okay, let's talk hair care. I am often asked about my hair and what I use to keep it shiny and soft. Well, there are no special secrets. I can tell you that I wash it only every other day...the days I sweat in my work out-overwashing can cause damage. I use Pantene for normal hair or Redken Blonde Glam. I also use Herbal Essences "none of your frizziness smoothing leave-in creme". I have to say that the H.E. product is as close to my secret weapon as I have. This is such a wonderful product. I get smooth silky soft hair. But, it also smells fabulous (mandarin orange) and it helps my fine thick hair just perform better. The shine really comes through. Remember when washing your hair to wash, thoroughly rinse shampoo, condition with a deep conditioner once a week, and rinse all conditioners with cool water-never hot. This will help close the cuticle. When possible, only lightly blow dry. Never use metal brushes all over your hair. Boar bristle brushes are great and can be picked up most anywhere. I usually shop at Ulta for all my hair care needs. If you are not on their mailing list you NEED to be. They send out awesome sale ads all the time.
So, what will you do today to make you, only better?

No comments:

Post a Comment