Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today is a wonderful, new day!

A nice, short rain fell here in Arizona last night. It was a welcomed rain. Along with it came a nice cool morning inviting us all to throw open the windows and think about a fresh new day. So, exercise with the doors and windows open was something different for me. I think that I sweat even more. HA! I used Tony Horton's Power90> Sweat Cardio 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100 today. Oh how I hate Tony on that work out. Just kidding! But, the beginning of this work out is tough for me. I am not a jumping jacks kind of girl. The good thing is there is great variety in this routine and I love that about Power90. I MAKE myself do it for THAT reason!! I got this work out because I was way too afraid to try the P90X. Bet you have seen infomercial on TV. Wow-all of that looks painful. I can get through this workout, but I do pause once in the beginning. He does remind you often to go at your own pace. You can play your own music as it has the option of music on or off. I like that too. The sculpt 1-2 workout is right up my alley. I enjoy weights and upper body workouts. I do not pause during this one. The ab ripper is surprisingly easy too(4 minutes long). I can soooo tell a difference in my body in just these 2 1/2 weeks already. My back and arms are stronger. My waist is smaller and my abs are coming to surface. I just love how I am feeling.
I have to tell you that one thing I would really like to focus on is my hands and feet. Have you really looked at your hands lately? I bet you like to wear sandals like me too. The Arizona climate really does a number on our skin here, huh? We turn into leathery lizards if we are not careful. So, I am committing myself to moisture, moisture and more moisture. Here is what I like to do. First, while showering, I like to use a pumice stone on my feet. I put Dove soap on the stone, and my feet, and really get all that dry cracked skin off. After showering while skin is still damp, I use Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive. It is inexpensive, non-greasy and works great. Use the extra strenth cream in the tub for legs, arms and feet. Use the hand cream in tube for hands and elbows (those icky elbows). Keep a tube by the bed and use on hands every night before bed too. You will be amazed at how quickly your hands and feet change in appearance and texture.
These are a couple of great tips to make you, only better!

No comments:

Post a Comment