Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting Started

It has been a couple of years since I was in a good exercise routine. Many of you may remember when I was in a pretty bad SUV crash in 2006. I was on the way to the gym, ironically, and just never got back into the groove of going again. I guess we all have our excuses. But, when it comes down to it, we have to decide for ourselves that we want to get back into shape. Who knows what finally triggers that motivation. For me, it was mostly that I had no more excuses. I have the time now. I am off for the summer. I work at an elementary school and it's summer break. I have the DVDs I need, so I can avoid the hot Arizona heat outside. So, better get busy girl. it's been 2 weeks and I am so glad I am back on track.
But, there is definitely more to it than just exercise. I don't know about you, but I like to take care of it all. I want my skin to be healthy and my gut too. I want to feel good inside and out. I read everything I can get my hands and eyes on. But, what is actually good for me and what isn't? Well, that comes down to making some personal choices. I won't go out and spend a ton of money-especially on all of these skincare products or specialty foods. I will try and create the copycat version myself first though. I also refuse to spend money on cellulite creams and the like...been there done that. They do not work. Exercise and lots of water do more good than any of that ever will. But, I do have some great tips I have picked up along the way. I also have found a few other great bloggers with great tips and ideas for health, diet and exercise I would like to share with you.
I hope you will stop by often. I will have something new to share with you along the way. Maybe you will be motivated to join me on this journey to becoming you, only better!

No comments:

Post a Comment