Friday, June 12, 2009

Seriously...

How can our bodies go from feeling sooo tired and achy one day to the opposite the next? I know that I am a woman, and unfortunately some of that just comes with the territory...so thank goodness it only happens every so often. I feel so great today. I did the Power90<>I think that after a lot of thought I would like to talk about journaling what we eat in the course of a day. I started this at the same time I started exercising back 3 weeks ago too. You can pick up journals at Weight Watchers or any bookstore. I got mine at Borders. I like the one I got because it has lots of great info in it. Just checked half.com and found it for $7. It is called The Ultimate Diet Log. I know, I know...who has time to log their food all day? Well, do you or don't you want to lose the weight? It really doesn't take that much time. I abbreviate. Plus, guess what? Don't eat the junk and you don't have to write it down!! If you have a salad, just wrote salad...I don't write 2 c. lettuce, 2 Tbsp. green onions, 1 tomato and so on...I just write SALAD!! This journal allows you to focus on 2 primary things in your diet. I chose protein and veggies. You can choose whatever you like. It also has a spot for your weight and if you took your supplement daily. I just use the supplement spot for a vitamin or you can use it if you are taking something to help with your work-outs. There is a great tip each day and exercise notes (how long) and even a short daily wrap up...just check marks. You can mark how hungry you are at each meal (eat 3) and each snack (eat 2). Idea is to eat every 2-3 hours in the day and cut off eating after 7pm. I have really enjoyed having this journal. It keeps me honest and helps me stay on track. If you need a meal plan, or an idea of what would be good to eat, please let me know. I have a basic plan that I am following. It is sooooo easy and I actually enjoy it. Your kids can even eat along side you and like it.
So, how about it. Why not start journaling your food intake to make you, only better!

2 comments:

  1. Alright Zina, I'll be honest! I didn't read this yet, only cause it's 1:30 in the morning and I am trying to get to bed! But I wanted to tell you I am so excited for this :) And I'm so happy for you! It's so great to hear such good things with all the crap going on right now.. I'm proud of you and proud to say I'll be a dillegent follower :) You have my full support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darcy. I think you are just awesome. I love seeing your pics on facebook too. It's so much fun. Hopefully this blog will be motivating and interesting to a lot of women. I am enjoying it. Feel free to share with others. Zina

    ReplyDelete